Adventures with Andrew Bukenya!

Our teacher Andrew Bukenya LOVES blogging!! So much so that he has collated material from the past four weeks, ready for his turn at the blog this week! Here are some of his adventures, and some testimonials from his students ūüôā

30th September –¬†Andrew took his students to the City Recital Hall for a classical music experience. Below is a testimonial from Takahito Nakamura, one of his Advanced students….

‘I went to a concert which was my first time to visit City Recital Hall. It is ‘ISRAEL CAMERATA JERUSALEM ORCHESTRA’. That was absolutely awesome! And then, I went to a concert which was ‘speak less than you know’ and I visited the Opera House! That was utterly fascinating. I didn’t expect this feeling before I went there. When I was watching the concert, I got goosebumps… I will probably start to play the violin as soon as possible because that was absolutely marvelous!!¬†If I hadn’t come to Ability school, I wouldn’t have got the feeling. Thanks heaps Andrew!!!

andrewclassicalconcert3

And here is another testimonial from another Advanced student: Valentin Tack –

‘¬†I was very impressed by the City Recital Hall as I hadn’t expected such a nice and big concert hall to be hidden in the middle of Sydney’s busy business centre. The Israel Camerata Jerusalem Orchestra performed several great classical music symphonies accompanied by a skillful soloist who definitely stole the audience’s heart. Moreover, the never-ending claps brought him back on the scene so he could play an extra passage from Beethoven’s register. Obviously an experience I will never forget!’¬†

andrewclassicalconcert1 

Friday 7th October –¬†Today Andrew’s Friday Options class made a brochure – Here are some images from that day, and a thought about Friday classes from Serap, from Turkey –

‘ My name is Serap from Turkey. Friday class make me relax people. I enjoy on Friday so much and also meet different friends. Thank you very much Andrew ūüôā¬†

andrewfridayfun1

andrewfridayfun2andrewfridayfun5

14th October Excursion  РAndrew took his class on excursion  Рa walking tour, through Hyde park and the State Library, where they saw a garden exhibition. Finally they ended up in the Botanical Gardens and a lovely view of Sydney and the Conservatorium.

andrewfirstfridayexcursion5 andrewfirstfridayexcursion4 andrewfirstfridayexcursion2 andrewfirstfridayexcursion7 andrewfirstfridayexcursion6

‘Today we visited state library of¬†

Sydney and Botanical Gardens. It was fantastic!’ ¬†– Ricardo Rodrigues (Brazil) ELEM 2

Hello Andrew,

How are you? I’m fine. I went to many

wonderful  places today. I had a very

nice time. Thank you. I will study in a library after school.

Love, 

Sakiko 

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.